In the spring there are so many new books on the market that it is often difficult to choose. That’s why it’s time for a special from our podcast eat.READ.sleep. For three hours Katharina, Jan and Daniël give reading tips and recommendations, they tell about personal favorite authors and literary trends. This time the focus is on Michel Houellebecq’s bestseller “Annihilation”. The book received mixed reviews from critics. How do the three hosts find the novel?
Individual reading recommendations for listeners
As in the podcast, there is of course a literary appetizer in this special – a dish that comes out of a book. The hosts test their literary knowledge in the quiz. This time the director of the Hamburg House of Literature, Rainer Moritz, is a guest.
The books of the live show eat.READ.sleep at a glance
- Kim Hye-jin: “The daughter”. Translated from Korean by Ki-Hyang Lee (Hanser Berlin)
- Alexandra Lavizzari: “Vita & Virginia” (ebersbach & Simon)
- Mario Vargas Llosa: “Aunt Julia and the Art Writer”. Translated from the Spanish by Heidrun Adler (suhrkamp paperback)
- Yasmina Reza: “Serge”. Translated from the French by Frank Heibert and Hinrich Schmidt-Henkel (Hanser)
- Michel Houellebecq: “Destroy”. Translated from the French by Stephan Kleiner and Bernd Wilczek (DuMont)
- Szczepan Twardoch: “modesty”. Translated from the Polish by Olaf Kühl (Rowohlt Berlin)
- Lisa Graf: “Dallmayr: Dream of a beautiful life” (Penguin)
- Rainer Moritz: “Unknown Pages: Curious Literary History(s)” (Kampa)
- John hardware store: “The Whale and the End of the World”, from the English by Maria Poetts and Tobias Schnettler (S. Fischer)
- Jared Diamond: “Collapse: why societies survive or perish”. Translated from the English by Sebastian Vogel (S. Fischer)
- William Melville Kelley: “A drop of patience”. Translated from the English by Kathrin Razum (Hoffmann and Campe)
- Davide Morosinotto: “The Rebels of Salento”. Translated from the Italian by Dr. Cornelia Panzacchi (Thienemann)
- Jared M. Diamond: “Collapse. Why Societies Survive or Perish” (S. Fischer)
Tips from the eat.READ.sleep.bookstore
- Bernhard Kellerman: “The Tunnel” (ars vivendi verlag)
- Svenja Leiber: “Kazimira” (Suhrkamp)
- Charlotte Link: “Storm Time” (blanvalet)
- Jorge Handstein: “Franz Schubert – Love Loves Walking” (BR Classic Knowledge)
- Peter Hartling: “Schubert: Twelve Moments Musicaux and a Novel” (dtv)
Feedback, suggestions and ideas? Bring it on!
Anyone wishing to provide feedback or list their own favorite books can email the three hosts at email@example.com† The podcast is released every 14 days on Fridays at 6am and runs as a joint project under the umbrella brand NDR – you can listen and subscribe here – or in the ARD Audio Library.